That Red House
That Red House Organic Soapberries
Australia's highest quality Certified Organic Soapberries
- Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. That Red House soapberries are also Certified Organic.
- They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
- Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas.
- The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
- Our Certified Organic soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities.
- By purchasing our product, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
That Red House is a family that are making a difference for our children and future generations. They have an organic garden and sustainable house in South Australia, and believe that when you try their Soapberries, you will never go back to conventional soaps and detergents. Preserving our environment and reducing chemical exposure are two small ways that we can do our bit for the planet and precious family. Through the use of their Soapberries, That Red House hope that you too will be inspired to get back to the basics....naturally!